Whether you have been at PBC since the beginning or you are brand new, Covenant Membership is a great way to take a public and intentional step in your relationship with God and His church. Register for the next Covenant Membership Class here: http://bit.ly/pbcmembership
Why Covenant Membership?
- The most common description of the church in the New Testament is a “body” (Eph 4:4-16 as one example). And a body has “members” who are connected and contributing in essential, but different ways.
- It’s not a club where you pay dues, but a covenant (sacred promise) to belong and build the local church to make of much of Jesus.
- It gives your leaders a better opportunity to establish what it means to be a disciple of Jesus, and to empower and equip you toward that end.
- Covenant Membership puts on display the beauty of the diverse, dedicated local church glorifying Jesus together.
- Step 1 – ATTEND CLASS (or watch the class in the video above)
- Step 2 – REVIEW & COMPLETE MEMBERSHIP PACKET (including the questionnaire)
- Step 3 – READ: “I Am A Church Member” by Thom Rainer
- Step 4 – FOLLOW UP MEETING: to ask questions, sign the covenant, continue the conversation, or agree that membership is not a good fit at this time
- Step 5 – CELEBRATE: we will celebrate people who have taken this important step through some form of church-wide communication.
*View our Covenant Membership Packet here
*View our church Bylaws here