4002 N 18th Ave
Beginning Sunday, June 3rd 2018 Phoenix Bible Church will meet weekly (10am) at 4002 N 18th Ave Phoenix, AZ 85015. The church is not a place, it’s a people, but God can use a place to reach people. We are thankful and expectant for how the love of Jesus will move in and through people at this new location.
Here is a list of prayers and hopes for the new location written by our leaders:
- Father in heaven, I thank you for your grace, providence, and favor you have for Phoenix Bible Church. A church that, by any standard, should not be in existence. Your work is evident and palpable. I believe you have a plan to use PBC to bless the neighborhood in profound and powerful ways. I pray for an explosion of growth in attendance and engagement, not just on Sundays mornings, but in community throughout the week. Not just because we have good music, the best donuts, or great coffee; but because of an authentic love for Jesus and one another. I pray people see a light coming from that building, walk in and see people loving one another just as you command. The kind of love that moves people. God, I ask you for mature men and women to come be a part of PBC. Send us Godly teachers, mentors, guidance counselors, Spanish speaking people, people of color, elder people, people that can meet the needs of the people in our new neighborhood, God. Father God, thank you for Pastor Tim, for his leadership and vision. Thank you for the leaders that have stepped out to serve this church sacrificially. Thank you, God for the unbelievable work and talent from our worship team. Thank you, Lord, for Chris Laurent, the sound engineers, set up and tear down team present and past. Thank you for Sarah Johnson and the Kids Ministry teams. God, continue changing the leaders and members at PBC to genuinely love others and lead others to Jesus. In Jesus’ mighty name I pray these things. Amen.
- My prayer for our church in our new space is that we can truly impact and serve the community we’ll be in. I’m praying for the new people who will walk through our doors, that they will feel welcomed and that the Holy Spirit will fill their hearts. I’m so excited for the what the future holds for our church and for the kingdom!
- As we enter into this next chapter for PBC, I pray that God uses this time to endure the growing pains to come and always be in remembrance of the ways He’s amazed us so far. Not only does our Father provide, but He gives in abundance. What a blessing and honor it is to be called together with this church family and follow the journey He has prepared for us! I pray that God gives us boldness to proclaim his gospel, to love those that are difficult to love, and to make His name known in Phx and beyond. God has such a unique story for us, and I pray that He will be pleased in the ways we love on his people here and ultimately raise a banner of His name that proclaims of His goodness & grace! God you are so so good!
- Our prayer for the new location would be that we reach the community around us for Christ by faithfully proclaiming the Gospel. Also, that families of the students of Phoenix Christian School that don’t normally attend church or are not committed to a faith family, would find their home at PBC.
- My prayer for the new church/building/location – to reach a new neighborhood/community of people who may not know the Lord yet/don’t have a relationship with Him yet. Mark 16:15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.”
- My prayer for the new church is that we will reach the surrounding community and be able to see and fill needs in that neighborhood; also that our current church body will multiply and continue to grow stronger. Isaiah 55:12a “For you will go out with joy and be led forth in peace”.
- Lord, I pray that you would continue to do the work that you started here three years ago at PBC. I ask that we would faithfully live out the lives in which you’ve called us to. Loving, and leading others to Jesus and making disciples of Jesus; and that in this process you would grow each and every one of us, renewing our minds and sanctifying our hearts, that we would be more like you.
- I pray that this new building would be a tool that you use to grow your Church, and that we, as the body of Christ would faithfully serve you, and our church so that in the end we would bring glory to your name!
- Lord, hasten the day when “the earth is filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.” Father, use PBC to accomplish this in the corner of the world that you have entrusted to us for this season.
- Let’s pray that the community will grow to be a family.