Unhurried Life in Unprecedented Times
If you’re like me, Sunday’s sermon made me realize I have some “work to do” in the area of rest.
Below you’ll find a few ways to take next steps to experience the biblical rhythm of REST.
Re-read the Scripture (Exodus 20:8-11, Matthew 11:28-30) from Sunday and spend a few moments in prayer considering 2 Questions:
- What do you need to add to your life that PROMOTES rest?
- What do you need to remove from your life that PREVENTS rest?
Reflect on the following points from the sermon. What encourages you, surprises you, or challenges you about biblical rest?:
(1) REST ISN’T OPTIONAL, IT’S INDISPENSABLE
(2) REST ISN’T SITUATIONAL, IT’S RELATIONAL
(3) REST ISN’T MERELY PHYSICAL, IT’S ETERNAL
Follow up with additional resources designed to equip you in the area of rest:
- Ruthless Elimation of Hurry by John Mark Comer
- 24/6 by Matthew Sleeth M.D.
- Tech Wise Family by Andy Crouch
- Subscribe to the PBC YouTube Channel for weekly time in God’s word via Sermons, Kids Ministry Lessons, Wednesday Prayer, & Musical Worship.
You don’t have to take every step, but why not take 1 STEP toward true rest this week. As always, if you need help or would like to help others by sharing what God is teaching you, we’d love to hear from you. Just reply to this email. Love you church. Praying you rest well (in Jesus) this week.